Meridian RV Resort – Rules & Regulations
The Arizona Legislature has passed a landlord/tenant act exclusive to RV resorts. A copy of this act HB2614 is available at www.AZSOS.gov.
Everyone, including annual residents, must check-in at the Resort’s office upon arrival. A resort representative is required to assist residents with parking the RV. If you arrive after dusk, park in the posted Overnight Parking area along the painted white curb on the Resort drive. This is the only area designated for overnight parking – generators are not allowed to run and hookups are not available in this area. When checking out prior to your departure date, residents agree to relinquish the site back to the Resort with the understanding that unused rents are not refunded.
Bicycles, Golf Carts and other Motorized Vehicles
Please observe the 5 MPH maximum speed limit and normal traffic rules while at the Resort. Bikes are not allowed on sidewalks or in the courtyard. Please secure bikes when not in use. Only non-commercial vehicles are allowed to park at the Resort.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy
Daily and Weekly reservations, and longer reservations that start within 60 days of booking date, are paid in full at time of booking. Longer reservations, that start more than 60-days from booking date, require a $250 deposit – $200 is refundable when written notice is received at the Office at least 60-days prior to start date. All other payments are non-refundable. We will happily reschedule the start date one time during the same season, based on site/suite availability. Reservations are considered a “no show” at the end of the third day after the specified arrival date. At that time, the entire deposit is forfeited, and the space is reassigned.
When extending a Weekly reservation to a Monthly stay, the weekly rate is applied to the extension to cover utilities and electricity charges.
All reservations require a credit card on file for incidental charges and unpaid balances. When paying the balance due on your reservation with a credit card, a 3.5% processing fee is charged.
Full payment is due on the reservation start date. However, you may pay at check-in if arriving within 5 days of start date. We accept cash, check, money orders, Visa and MasterCard. If payment has not been received within 5 days of start date, a $50 late fee is added to the balance, with an additional charge of $5/day if payment is not received within 10 days of the start date. If you have a credit card on file, the card will automatically be charged for the balance due, plus a 3.5% processing fee, if payment is not received within 10 days of start date. Contact the office for more information about late fees.
If you plan to leave the Resort for longer than 30 days, please notify the office. After 30 days vacant, without notification, the site will be considered relinquished back to the Resort – no exceptions.
Children under the Age of 18
Children under the age of 18 years are welcome as guests at Meridian RV Resort when staying with a resident whose reservation is a minimum of two months in duration. They must be registered upon arrival and fees paid. Residents are responsible for supervising children guests and children must be in the presence of the Resident while at the Resort. Residents may have a maximum of two child guests at any time and visits cannot exceed five days in duration. Total number of visits per year cannot exceed three. Children are not permitted to use the spa, billiard, computer and exercise rooms. Residents are responsible for any damages created by their guests. Any variance to this rule must be discussed with management at least 10 days prior to arrival, however, management has sole discretion to grant or decline variance requests.
Portable laundry drying devices that attach to your RV are acceptable. Lines stretched between two objects are not permitted.
Driving & Walking
Driving or walking through other sites is prohibited. Damage to utilities or water lines will be billed directly to the person responsible for the damage.
Daily and Weekly rates include electricity. Monthly and longer rates do not include electricity. Resident must contact SRP for an electric service connection, billed directly to resident.
Guest and Visitor
A Visitor is someone who stays for the day. A Guest is someone who spends the night. A guest must be registered with the office upon arrival. A guest fee of $5.00 per night is charged to resident. An individual guest can stay a maximum of 14 days per year. Subletting of your unit is not allowed. Resident must be present while guests and visitors are at the Resort. A Visitor’s participation in non-fee-based resort events is limited to one per month. Visitors under the age of 21 are not permitted to attend specific Resort Activities. Guests and Visitors are not permitted to bring pets to the Resort. Contact the office if Guest/Visitor parking is required.
Hours – Summer Season
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (April – October)
Hours – Winter Season
Monday–Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Laundry & Vending
Guests may choose to use U.S. quarters or the SMART phone app when paying for use of washers and dryers. Irons, ironing boards, and laundry carts may not be removed from the laundry room. Irons must be filled with distilled water only, which is provided. Remove laundry from machines immediately upon completion of cycle. Clean dryer lint filters after each use. Dyes, oily rags and other items containing harmful chemicals are not permitted in machines. Pet bedding and rugs can be washed in designated machine only. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or missing articles. Soda and water vending machines only accept U.S. coins.
To maintain a 55+ resort, Meridian RV Resort conforms to the Federal Fair Housing Act of 1988. The Act provides that if the Resort demonstratively caters to persons 55 and older, meaning that 80% of the units are occupied by at least one principal person 55 years of age or older, it will maintain the senior status. The minimum age of a principal resident in the remaining 20% is 45 years of age.
Mailbox & Mail Forwarding
Guests staying longer than 30 days may obtain a mailbox key from the Office. Notify the Office immediately if your mailbox key is lost. The key replacement fee is $10.00. All departing residents must turn in the mailbox key prior to departure to avoid incurring a replacement fee. We will forward your mail for a period of 30 days after your departure date. Contact the office team to coordinate this service and provide labels prior to departure. For a small fee, the resort can produce labels in increments of 30.
Name badges are provided to residents staying 3 months and longer and should be worn to Resort events. The badge not only identifies you to management, it helps other residents to get acquainted. Lost badges must be replaced – the cost to residents for replacement is $10.00 each.
Parking & Storage
Vehicles, which includes non-commercial trucks, cars, vans, scooters, motorcycles, golf carts, ATVs, etc., (hereinafter referred to as “vehicles”) must be parked at the assigned site of the registered guest, unless Management has consented to park in another area. Residents are not allowed to park on sites registered to other residents. Do not park on, drive through or walk on vacant sites. Vehicles are not allowed to park on the concrete pad. Overnight sleeping in a vehicle is not permitted. Vehicles, RVs, and trailers may not park on driveways at any time. Overnight parking or extended parking is prohibited around the clubhouse.
If resident has more than one vehicle and it will not fit on the site, arrangements to park the second vehicle in a paid parking spot must be requested prior to arrival. A paid parking spot is reserved for a minimum of 12 months @ $30/month, and is available on a first-come basis, first to Annual residents. Parking spots are limited.
The resort also offers a limited number of storage spaces for utility trailers, first to Annual residents, on a first-come basis. Storage spaces are reserved to Annual residents for 12 months @ $2/per foot/per month. On February 1st, remaining storage spaces will be available to all residents for a minimum of 3 months @ $4/per foot/per month. Storage spots are limited.
Pets are welcome at the Resort. Please follow the rules and be a responsible pet owner.
- Pit Bull, Chow, Doberman and Rottweiler and other viscous breeds are prohibited. Management has discretion on breed restrictions.
- All pets must be registered when booking a reservation.
- Daily and Weekly residents pay $5/per day for up to 2 pets.
- A maximum of two pets are allowed per reservation.
- Pet fencing and/or pens are not permitted on your site.
- When outside your RV, pets must be on a lead that does not extend your site boundaries. When walking pets, they must be on a leash (6’ maximum length) and must not be allowed to relieve themselves on your or any other site or in Resort common areas.
- Retractable leashes are restricted, and pets should not be allowed to enter other sites without prior approval from site resident.
- Pets are not permitted at any time in any of the facilities, on the patios near the Clubhouse, or in the pool area.
- To avoid disturbing neighbors, prevent dogs from barking – excessive barking can lead to the dog being asked to leave the Resort.
There are four designated off-leash areas for pets to be exercised: a grassy area at the southwest corner of the Resort and three gravel areas at the north. Rules for using these areas are as follows:
- Do not remove the pets leash prior to entering the park to avoid confrontation between pets.
- Keep pets within sight and under voice control.
- Remember, small and large dogs, and young and old dogs are using these areas – please be cautious and maintain control of your pets at all times.
- Always securely close the gate when entering and exiting the pet area.
- Aggressive pets are not permitted to remain in the area. If pets become unruly or engages in rough play, leash it and leave immediately.
- When multiple dogs are present, limit play with toys and balls to avoid aggressive behavior. The dog run at the north end of the Resort is available for large dogs to play fetch.
- Injured dogs and female dogs in estrus (heat) use a separate, clearly marked pet area located at the north end of the Resort. This area is meant for exclusive use by these types of pets. Please do not disturb pets while in the designated area.
- Use pet areas at your own risk – pet owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their pets.
- Residents are responsible for picking up after the pet. For convenience, the Resort provides plastic bags and a disposal dumpster within each pet area.
- Pets must be licensed and vaccinated and evidence of this displayed on their collars.
Pool and Spa
Showers are required before entering the pool and spa. The spa is for adults only (18 and over). Pools are intended for swimming, soaking, exercise, and relaxation – NO diving or jumping. Swimming hours for children (under 18 years of age) are from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Small children must be toilet-trained or wear special swimming diapers. Dry off before entering any building – wet swimwear should be covered while in any building. Medical advisers suggest staying in a spa longer than 10 minutes could worsen some medical conditions. If you have any medical conditions, you should check with your physician first. Management reserves the right to refuse pool/spa use at their discretion. Please review and follow posted Pool & Spa rules.
Quite time is designated between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am, every day. Noise should be kept to a minimum during quiet time, including loud vehicles, parties, dog barking, etc. Wind chimes are permitted so long as they are not an annoyance to the neighbors – if reported, resident will be asked to remove wind chimes and other noise-making yard ornaments.
Vehicle repair, oil changes, and overhauling are not allowed anywhere in the resort.
A deposit of $250.00 is required to reserve a RV site. Sites are reserved based on double occupancy, with a maximum of two age qualified residents. Payment in full may be required during peak season.
RVs for Sale
RVs for sale may display one “For Sale” sign. The sign must be placed in/on the front of your RV. If the RV is to remain in the park after the sale, the new owner must meet the Resort’s age requirement. The site location of the RV is not guaranteed to the new owner.
RV Age & Site Care
Meridian generally limits the age of RVs parking at the Resort to 10-years. Based on condition, we will accept RVs up to 15 years old. All RVs are required to be fully self-contained with sewer, water and electrical systems and connections in working order. Motorhomes must have a working engine and transmission. All RVs must have tires attached while at the resort. Decals and paint should be in good condition, free from peeling or major fading. Management has the right to reject an RV based on appearance. Contact the office for further information if your RV does not meet these conditions.
- Washers and Dryers are permitted in your RV.
- Portable clotheslines are acceptable if they attach to the rear of your RV.
- Subletting of your unit is not allowed – resident must be present while guests are at the Resort.
- Sites are maintained and kept clean by occupants.
- Do not store trash, recycling or other refuse containers outside your RV.
- Only Outdoor furniture allowed on site and patio.
- Apache Junction, AZ requires all sewer connections be sealed and sewer hoses are supported off the ground. Please use proper device to support your sewer hose.
- Storage sheds are allowed on the site for Annual residents only – sheds must meet requirements and are pre-approved by the Operations Manager prior to purchase.
- Gazebos are allowed on the site for Annual residents only and must meet requirements – gazebos must be constructed of heavy metal “L” shape corners – and pre-approved by the Operations Manager prior to purchase. No push-ups canopies, tents or tarps are allowed at the site. Outdoor umbrellas are allowed, but should be secured and closed when not in use.
- Seed bird feeders are not allowed, but hummingbird feeders are welcome.
- Wind chimes are allowed at the site so long as they do not disturb neighbors. Management reserves the right to remove wind chimes.
- Do not allow pets to dig at your site or in the pet play areas.
Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. Smoking is not permitted inside any building at the Resort or under patio coverings. Place smoking refuse in provided containers. Be courteous to your neighbors by refraining from smoking with 25 feet of operable doors and windows.
Maximum speed limit within the Resort is posted at 5 MPH. Please advise guests of the speed limit. Violations will be issued and repeat offenders asked to leave the Resort.
Trash & Recycling
All garbage must be tied in plastic bags before placing in trash dumpsters. Do not place large items, such as furniture, appliances, wood, etc., in trash bins. Recycle bins are used for recyclable items only – refer to signage on the bin for restrictions. Cardboard boxes MUST be broken down prior to placing in the recycle bins. Multiple containers for recycling aluminum cans are available on the patio.
Washing Your Vehicle
All vehicles may be washed and rinsed at your site, using an automatic shut-off hose, for a fee of $10.00 each time. If contracting with a vendor to wash your RV, the fee is waived. Please be considerate of your neighbor’s belongings, avoid excessive use of soap and make sure your hose is turned off when not in use.
Violations and Rule Infractions
1st Offense – verbal warning issued and documented in registration file.
2nd Offense – written warning issued and documented in registration file.
3rd Offense – written warning issued and documented in registration file, and a fine of $25.00 is charged.
4th Offense – a letter requesting the resident leave the resort is issued and a fine of $50.00 is charged.
The General Manager has discretion to determine if a violation will result in the forfeiture of all prepaid rents and resident’s being asked to leave the resort. Fines will be charged to credit card on file.
Meridian RV Resort (MRVR) reserves the right to terminate or refuse a rent renewal. MRVR also reserves the right to amend any rules throughout the season to benefit the residents of the park.
Indemnity & Attorney’s Fees: Management is not responsible to resident, his guests, employees or agents for loss, damage, death or injury of any kind by any use of the Resort or by fire, flood, vandalism or other casualties, except those incidents resulting from the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Resort, Resort Management or Resort Owners. Residents hereby agree to obtain, at their own cost, the extended insurance coverage for homeowners, fire and other liabilities to protect resident, his guests, and all others from loss or liability; RV sites remain under the control of Management at all times. These rules and regulations are provided by, are the property of, and have been printed with the permission of Meridian RV Resort.