Rules and Regulations
The Arizona Legislature has passed a landlord/tenant act exclusive to RV resorts. A copy of this act HB2614 is available at www.AZSOS.gov.
Arrival & Departure
Everyone, including annual residents, must check-in at the Resort’s office upon arrival. A team member is required to assist residents when parking RVs. If you arrive after office hours, park in the posted Overnight Parking area along the painted red curb. This is the only area designated for overnight parking. When checking out prior to your departure date, residents agree to relinquish the site back to the Resort with the understanding that unused rents are not refunded.
Bicycles, Golf Carts and other Motorized Vehicles
Residents and guests must observe the 5 MPH maximum speed limit and normal traffic rules while at the Resort. Bikes are not allowed on sidewalks or in the courtyard. Please secure bikes when not in use.
· RV Sites for 1 – 12 months: Reservations are refundable (minus a $50.00 administration fee) if notice is received in writing at least 60 days prior to scheduled arrival. If the reservation is cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival, the deposit is non-refundable.
· Daily and Weekly RV Reservations and ALL Guest Suites: Reservations for less than a month and all Guest Suites are to be paid in full at the time of reservation and there are no refunds for cancelations.
· Reservations are considered a “no show” at the end of the third day after the specified arrival date. At that time, the entire deposit is forfeited, and the space will be reassigned.
Children under the Age of 18
Children under 18 years of age are welcome at Meridian RV Resort. They must be registered upon arrival, fees paid and supervised at all times. Residents may have a maximum of two child guests at any time and visits cannot exceed five days in duration. Total number of visits per year cannot exceed three. Children are not permitted to use the spa, billiard, computer and exercise rooms. Residents are responsible for any and all damages created by their guests. Any variance to this rule must be discussed with management at least 10 days prior to arrival, however, management has sole discretion to grant or decline variance requests.
Portable clotheslines that attach to the rear of your coach are acceptable. Lines stretched between two objects are not permitted.
Driving & Walking
Driving or walking through other sites is prohibited. Damage to utilities or water lines will be billed directly to the person responsible for the damage.
Residents occupying a site for more than 30-days must contact SRP for an electric service connection, billed directly to resident. Electricity service is included in rates for residents staying less than 30-days.
Guest and Visitor
A Visitor is someone who visits for the day. A Guest is someone who spends the night. A guest must be registered with the office upon arrival. A guest fee of $5.00 per night is charged to resident. An individual guest can stay a maximum of 14 days per year. A Visitor’s participation in non-fee-based resort events is limited to one per month. Guests and Visitors are not permitted to bring pets to the Resort. Contact the office if Guest/Visitor parking is required.
Hours – Summer Season
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (April – October)
Hours – Winter Season
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (October – March)
Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (November – March)
Sunday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (December – March)
Only U.S. coins are used in the washers, dryers, and vending machines. Irons, ironing boards, and laundry carts may not be removed from the laundry room. Irons must be filled with distilled water only, which is provided. Remove laundry from machines immediately upon completion of cycle. Clean dryer lint filters after each use. Dyes, oily rags and other items containing harmful chemicals are not permitted in machines. Pet bedding and rugs can be washed in designated machine only. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or missing articles.
To maintain a 55+ resort, Meridian RV Resort conforms to the Federal Fair Housing Act of 1988. The Act provides that if the Resort demonstratively caters to persons 55 and older, meaning that 80% of the units are occupied by at least one person 55 years of age or older, it will maintain the senior status. The minimum age of a resident in the remaining 20% is 45 years of age.
Mailbox keys are obtained from the Office. Notify the Office immediately if your mailbox key is lost. The key replacement fee is $5.00. All departing residents must turn in the mailbox key prior to departure.
We will forward your mail for a period of 30 days after your departure date. Contact the office team to coordinate this service prior to departure.
· Provide labels in order to accomplish this service.
· For a small fee, the resort can produce labels in increments of 30.
Name badges are provided to qualified residents and should be worn to Resort events. The badge not only identifies you to management, it helps other residents to get acquainted. Lost badges must be replaced – the cost to residents for replacement is $8.00 each.
All vehicles must be parked on your site, unless the Office Team has consented to your parking in another area. No motorized vehicles are allowed on the concrete pad. If residents have more than one vehicle and it will not fit on the site, arrangements must be made with the Office Team to park the second vehicle in a paid parking spot. Limited vehicle parking is available on a first-come basis to Annual residents first. Any remaining paid parking spots will be available on a first-come basis to all residents. Overnight sleeping in a second vehicle is not permitted. RVs cannot be parked in the driveway at any time. Overnight parking or extended parking is prohibited around the clubhouse. For Annual residents only, a limited number of spaces for parking a utility trailer are available on a first-come basis for a minimal fee.
We welcome pets to the Resort. Please follow the rules and thank you for being a responsible pet owner.
· Pit Bull, Chow, Doberman and Rottweiler and all viscous breeds are prohibited.
· All pets must be registered when booking a reservation.
· A maximum of two pets are allowed per reservation.
· Pet fencing is not permitted on your site.
· When outside your RV, pets must be on a lead that does not extend your site boundaries. When walking pets, they must be on a leash (6’ maximum length) and must not be allowed to relieve themselves on your or any other site or in Resort common area.
· Pets are not permitted at any time in any of the facilities, on the patios near the Clubhouse, or in the pool area.
· To avoid disturbing neighbors, prevent dogs from barking – excessive barking can lead to the dog being asked to leave the Resort.
Pet Exercise Areas: There are four designated off-leash areas for pets to be exercised: a grassy area at the southwest corner of the Resort and three gravel areas at the north. Rules for using these areas are as follows:
· Keep pets within sight and under voice control.
· Pets must be licensed and vaccinated and evidence of this displayed on their collars.
· Aggressive pets are not permitted to remain in the area. If pets becomes unruly or engages in rough play, leash it and leave immediately.
· Female dogs in estrus (heat) are not allowed in these areas. A separate designated pet area is available in the north end of the Resort.
· While unleashed, always keep your pets within the boundaries of the area.
o Use at your own risk – pet owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their pets.
o Residents are responsible for picking up after the pet. For convenience, the Resort provides plastic bags and a disposal dumpster when using these areas.
Pool and Spa
Showers are required before entering the pool and spa. The spa is for adults only (18 and over). NO diving or jumping. Pools are intended for swimming, soaking, exercise, and relaxation. Swimming hours for children (under 18 years of age) are from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Small children must be toilet-trained or wear special swimming diapers. Dry off before entering any building – wet swimwear should be covered while in any building. Medical advisers suggest staying in a spa longer than 10 minutes could worsen some medical conditions. If you have any medical conditions, you should check with your physician first.
Quite time is designated between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am, every day. Noise should be kept to a minimum during quiet time, including loud vehicles and parties. Wind chimes are permitted so long as they are not an annoyance to the neighbors.
Vehicle repair, oil changes, and overhauling are not allowed anywhere in the resort.
Reservations & Site Deposits
A deposit of $250.00 is required to book a reservation for a RV site. Sites are reserved based on double occupancy, with a maximum of two residents. Payment in full may be required during peak season.
RVs for Sale
RVs for sale may display one “For Sale” sign. The sign must be placed in/on the front of your RV. If the RV is to remain in the park after the sale, the new owner must meet the Resort’s age requirement. The site location of the RV is not guaranteed to the new owner.
RV Site Care
· Washers and Dryers ARE permitted in your RV.
· Portable clotheslines that attach to the rear of your unit ARE acceptable.
· Subletting of your unit is not allowed; an age qualified guest may use your RV with prior approval of the General Manager.
· Sites are maintained and kept clean by occupants.
· Outdoor furniture only allowed on patio.
· Apache Junction, AZ requires all sewer connections be sealed and sewer hoses are supported off the ground. Please use proper device to support your sewer hose.
· Storage sheds are only allowed on annual sites, but must be pre-approved by the Operations Manager.
· Gazebos must be constructed of heavy metal “L” shape corners and pre-approved by the Operations Manager. No Push-ups are allowed.
· Seed bird feeders are not allowed.
Smoking is not permitted inside any building at the Resort or under patio coverings. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. Place smoking refuse in provided containers.
Maximum speed limit within the Resort is posted at 5 MPH. Please advise guests of the speed limit.
Trash & Recycling
All garbage must be tied in plastic bags before placing in dumpsters. Cardboard must be broken down and placed in the recycle bins. There are containers for recycling aluminum cans and a large dumpster for recycling papers and magazines.
Washing Your Vehicle
All vehicles may be washed and rinsed at your site, using an automatic shut-off hose, for a fee of $10.00 each time. Please be considerate of your neighbor’s belongings, avoid excessive use of soap and make sure your hose is turned off when not in use.
Violations and Rule Infractions
· 1st Offense – verbal warning issued, documented in registration file.
· 2nd Offense – written warning issued, and documented.
· 3rd Offense – written warning issued, documented and a fine of $25.00 is charged.
· 4th Offense – a letter asking the resident to leave the resort is issued and a fine of $50.00 is charged.
The General Manager has discretion to determine if a violation will result in the forfeiture of all prepaid rents and resident’s being asked to leave the resort. Fines will be charged to credit card on file.
Meridian RV Resort (MRVR) reserves the right to terminate or refuse a rent renewal. MRVR also reserves the right to amend any rules throughout the season to benefit the residents of the park.
Indemnity & Attorney’s Fees: Management is not responsible to resident, his guests, employees or agents for loss, damage, death or injury of any kind by any use of the Resort or by fire, flood, vandalism or other casualties, except those incidents resulting from the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Resort, Resort Management or Resort Owners. Residents hereby agree to obtain, at their own cost, the extended insurance coverage for homeowners, fire and other liabilities to protect resident, his guests, and all others from loss or liability; RV sites remain under the control of Management at all times. These rules and regulations are provided by, are the property of, and have been printed with the permission of Meridian RV Resort.